The idea behind hiit is that you can maximise the benefits from smaller amounts of work done at a much higher intensity than when compared with the standard “low to moderate intensity” training approach.
Many hiit training is done with a duration of 20 seconds for each hiit exercise, followed by a 10 seconds rest period. This pattern is then repeated 8-12 times in total, depending on how many hiit workouts you do every week.
Variety Of Exercises
HIIT workouts can be done with a variety of exercises, including bodyweight exercises, running, cycling, or using any type of cardio machine.
The reason hiit is so popular is that it can provide many fitness benefits in a very short period of time. For example, hiit can help you burn more fat, improve your cardiovascular health, and even boost your metabolism.
If you’re looking to get the most out of your hiit workouts, here are a few tips to help you maximise your results:
1. Always warm up before starting your hiit workout. This will help to reduce the risk of injuries and also help you get the most out of your training.
2. Start with hiit workouts that are lower in intensity. When you first begin hiit training, it’s best to concentrate on doing only hiit workouts with low to moderate intensity. This will help you learn how hiit works and also allow your body to adapt to hiit work without any risk of injury.
3. Use an appropriate amount of hiit exercises for hiit training. The general rule is that each hiit workout should include multiple hiit exercises such as cardio and weight lifting workouts. Doing too many hiit with high-intensity in a single hiit workout can be extremely difficult and may make you less likely to continue your fitness routine.
4. Try several different hiit exercises to determine which hiit workouts best suit your needs and goals. Each hiit exercise is unique in its own way and choosing the right hiit workout for you will also help you get the most out of your fitness routine.
5. Train smarter, not harder, when doing hiit workouts. Although hiit work is meant to be intense, it’s still important to train smart. Avoid pushing yourself too hard and make sure to recognize your limits so you can safely push them later on.
6. Make hiit exercise an important part of your hiit workout plan. It’s all about hiit training for you; the more hiit workouts you do each week, the more hiit benefits you’ll see.
7. Perform hiit workouts at least three times each week for the best hiit results. This will burn fat faster and increase your fitness level, making hiit the most beneficial form of training for you.
Don’t forget to rest! Hiit is meant to be intense but it’s also important to take hiit rest periods so your body can recover.